Saturday, July 14, 2012

Power Searching with Google

I wanted to share a Google learning opportunity with you all. I'm currently taking a free online course called Power Searching with Google http://www.powersearchingwithgoogle.com/
There are six classes where you watch a video, practice the searches, take a quiz and discussion your findings in a forum. You take a mid-class assessment and final assessment and if you pass you get a Google Power Searcher certificate (I have an image everyone who passes wearing Power Ranger like uniforms with Google logos but that's just the Google Geek in me;) There will also be a couple of Google Hangouts (video conferences...here is one that was held this week (http://youtu.be/ZhhiXxiAVtM). I believe the classes will be available until the end of July. Each class takes about 40 minutes to complete and contains a lot of useful information on using Google searches. So, if you have time and inclination it's a good opportunity to learn more about Google Search. I am finding that I thought I knew enough to use Google Search effectively but there are subtle terms/operators and techniques to use for being a "Power Searcher."

No comments: